CVO Dried Organic Tomatoes
100% USDA Certified Organic
Delicious plum tomatoes grown at our farm in southwestern, PA and dried to preserve all the flavor of the summer season!
|0.75 oz bag||$3.99||
|3 oz bag||$8.99||
100% USDA Certified Organic Dried Tomatoes
|Did You Know?||
Did you know that Lycopene, an antioxidant found in tomatoes, is also what gives tomatoes and other red/pink pigmented fruits and vegetables their color?!
Makes 1/2 cup of spread.
- 1 .75 oz package of CVO Dried Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Optional: pinch of crushed red pepper for some heat, a few fresh basil leaves, or 1/4 tsp of dried basil, 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar. Have fun with it and make it your own!
- Soften the dried tomatoes by covering them in boiling hot water for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and liquid to a blender or food processor, blending for 5 seconds. The tomatoes should be almost smooth, but don’t over blend. We want to be able to press the water out in the next step and don’t want to lose too much of the tomato content.
- Using a fine sieve, strain the tomatoes and add them back to the blender/food processor.
- Add garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and any of the optional ingredients to the blender/food processor.
- Blend contents until smooth. Taste and adjust with seasonings if needed.
- Use right away or refrigerate up to a week.